Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Big, Bold, small,italic...

Hello everybody,

Today's card has been designed keeping stenciling in mind. This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday  challenge is focusing on stencils. Stencils are one of my favorite craft supply and here is my card using one

I have used Mixed up Alpha stencil from The Crafters Workshop (TCW) to create a beautiful background which is sooo appropriate for the sentiment. I started with a white card stock 1/4"smaller than card base and positioned the stencil over it in desired way. I took out seedless preserves distress ink and sponged over stencil with the help of mini blending tool. This color is so beautiful that I am kinda in love with this color. :) Since background is quite busy, to pop up the sentiment I stamped it over white label ( Sizzix framelit) and provided matting by adhering it to a dark pink label. Sentiment is from Lots of love stamp set from Avery Elle.To assemble the card I foam mounted the background panel over card stock first and then foam mounted the sentiment. Then I drew a dotted line as well as out line around the sentiment with my white gel pen to finish the card. So this was my card for today.. Hope you like it.
I am linking this to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
Just wanted to share that talented artist Deepti Stephen has an awesome Give Away at her blog Catchy Design and here is her Give away post. Do participate!! :)
Thanks for stopping by
Parul


No comments:

Post a Comment