Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Can't get enough of you...

Hello everybody,

I wanted to take part in Simon Says stamp Monday challenge but don't have any supplies related to tea or coffee except one tea-cup die from PTI. An idea popped up in my mind when saw Michelle's up cycled coffee bag and the sentiment on it. And I came up with this card:


This card symbolizes the fondness for somebody via fondness for tea and stacked empty tea cups are proof of that. I hope I am making some sense :)  I started with cutting a rectangle with an MFT die and five tea cups with PTI tea-cup die. I colored the cups in different oil pastels (Faber Castell) and rubbed them with fingers to smoothed look. Then I took some border stamps and stamped the edges of cups to make them even more interesting. I stick all these cups starting from the lowest one to give the look as if they are stacked. when my focal piece was ready I die cut this paperclip and stamped a small sentiment on it. 
Since I do not have any coffee stamp in my stash, the word "enough" was written with Inkadinkado Curly Q alphabets and rest is handwritten :)
To create some contrast  I stamped Newsprint in top right corner of the card base roughly and stacked the focal piece with two more pattern papers behind it. I stick the paperclip to this as if it is holding all of them. I adhered this piece to the card base and that finishes my card. I enjoyed a lot making this.
Hope you like it.

Thank you for dropping in
Parul



No comments:

Post a Comment