Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Have a Rocking Birthday

Hello creative people,

Today I am here with a layered and heavily embellished card. A client of mine wanted to give a very masculine card to his boyfriend and I came up with this

I thought of every element which was associated with birthday party and was in the liking domain of a boy. Lol.. And then took out all relevant supplies as guitar stamp and propose a toast die from PTI, glasses die from Paper Smooches, headphone die from MFT, and sketch heart Die from SSS (after all this card was for BF ). The sentiment in the card is from Keep on Rockin' stamp set from MFT. And here goes the process:
Step 1: I chose some grey card stock for card base as well as layers. I took a grey card stock 1/4"smaller than card base and put black glitter washi tape on all four sides. 
Step 2: I took another card stock 1/2" inch smaller than card base and stamped some script from 2-3 different stamps in versamark and heat embossed it with charcoal embossing powder. To make this grey color darker I sponged some black soot distress ink over it.  It made such a subtle and attractive background that you can possibly appreciate it to full when you look it in person.
Step 3: I took a stripe of black card stock and stamped the sentiment with versafine and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. ThenI cut fish tails in this stripe on both ends.
Step 4: I stamped guitar with black archival ink and fussy cut it, die cut two wine glasses (one in sparkling silver and one in red). I also die cut headphone, glasses and sketch heart. To make heart more attractive I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder as well.
Step 5: I tried different arrangements and settled for the one showed in picture and glued every thing at their respective places. Guitar and one wine glass were foam mounted to give some extra dimension.
Step 6: While assembling I first sponged some black soon on card base to match the color and then   I foam mounted the card stock with washi tape border on it and then glued the top layer with embellishment on it. The washi tape provided very charming as well as sparkling border.

And this completes it. My client is super happy. Hope you also like it.

I am linking this card to CAS-ual Chic # 04 (CCC04) challenge under last row (distressing, sparkling, embosing),



Thanks for Stopping by
Parul




No comments:

Post a Comment